Wednesday 8 August 2007

Jaywalkers

Once again I'm trying the Jaywalkers, only this time with Regia Nordic Color. This yarn makes me think of thepinksheep more or less constantly. It's got quite a bit of pink in it, and is otherwise bright and cheery. I think they'll be quite pretty (despite the pink :0)

This has also taught me a lesson I should have known already. The yarn has to be right for the project. The cotton yarn is really too thin for most patterns. It might be all right for lace or lacy type patterns, but not for something that really needs to show up. It's too thin and the colours aren't right. Even so, I do like the cotton yarn and am making me my first pair, but just phone socks, nothing fancy. I can't wait until they're finished. Phone call anyone? :D

I'm still resisting the urge to go to the yarn store. It's going to have to wait a while. At least until next month.

I'm also still (im)patiently waiting for my new knitting books. Why is it that things take longer when you're expecting them? If I had thought they would take a while to get here, they would have arrived by now I'm sure of it. As it is, I'm hoping for tomorrow.

In other news, it's raining cats and dogs right now. This is, of course, just fine by me. Good knitting weather. I'm also hoping that it means that summer is largely over. I'm sick of the hot sunny weather *ducks*, even if most people would tell you we had a horrible summer. There was enough of it for me anyway. Fall. I want fall. A nice, long, lovely fall with rain every few days. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I want it to be fall, too. I bought a unit lesson book today for Fall. Yup, school time already. I guess I am finally getting into that mode.

    I want to buy yarn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! How funny is it that I just commented on your Ravelry photo of this project that I love the yarn and I come here right after to find that you say it reminds you of me?! Hahaha, you know me too well. :D

    ReplyDelete