Monday 16 July 2007

Dad's Sweater


PICT0145.jpg
Originally uploaded by canootles
RE: Pic - Don't ask what the white blobs are, because I don't know. It must have something to do with that picture because they aren't on the original sweater. I just cannot be bothered now to try and get another decent photo.

I've done it. I've actually finished Dad's sweater. It remains to be seen if it will fit and if it does, if he'll wear it. He can be more than a bit picky, but I've done my best for him. Why do men have to be so difficult in their simplicity?

I'm still hoping that it will expand a little with washing and blocking. The picture of me wearing it shows that it's a but I can wear his stuff as we sadly have the same stature at the moment. Should it expand, then at least I can be fairly certain that the size is correct. Should it not expand, I'll just have to pray he likes his sweaters tightish.

I only had the thing on for a few minutes myself but it was quite warm. However, it's STILL 80° F outside (11:45 pm), that might skew the warmth factor. I'll have to try it when it's colder out. Still, I don't think anyone living where he does should need a warmer sweater than that, ever.

I've also finished Aunt N's cotton socks. They are a little on the small side, but then she has extremely narrow feet, so that should be OK. I've started working on Grandma's, which will be the same size, but she has chicken legs and my feet are swollen from the heat anyway, so all should be well on that front.

Sorry if this wasn't as entertaining as I would have liked it to be, but I'm still struggling a bit with the knee and am pressed for sitting time. Plus, it's late and I'm tired, so all entertaining thoughts have been drained away from my brain, hopefully for use another day.

2 comments:

  1. Bwahaha! I knew you'd succumb to a knitting blog. :D

    The white spots are probably dust on your lens or in the air. Though some say that they are "orbs" or spirits in the air...*eerie music*...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. I was joust going to come in here and tell you you have some ghosts. :) Tara beat me to it.
    Glad to see you on here with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete