Thursday 17 April 2008

Blog Spammage

An explanation of my previous post:


How much chocolate do the Swiss eat per year on average?Approximately 93'501 tonnes of chocolate products (including imports but excluding cocoa and chocolate powder) was consumed in Switzerland in 2007. Based on an average population of 7.61 million means Switzerland has an average per capita consumption of 12.3 kg, in other words ranking it first among the consumer countries. However, it should be borne in mind that this figure also includes the purchases of people vacationing in Switzerland and those who drive over the border just to buy Swiss chocolate.

23.3kg =27.06lbs per person.

This is because half of Switzerland has the chocolate/bread combo for their morning snack. The other half are eating chocolate Croissants.

3 comments:

  1. Man. I think I've found my hommies. I need to go back to the Fatherland...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I used to have a friend who was a visiting professor at a college I worked at. She was from Denmark, and we had some great get-togethers. I remember that she'd make rolls and put chocolate chips in them. I thought it was weird...until I tried them. I was hooked after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swiss chocolate is amazing :o White is best though, check it out http://mivenganza.com/index.php?c=viral&m=index&id=b95df3d6c216046d511776c056a3cca4
    creamy in the inside.

    ReplyDelete