Monday 8 September 2008

Randomness

OK, in the meantime I’ve talked myself out of the Lord of the Rings Sock Club. See? Improvement! Actually, it’s mostly because I’ve also been lusting after the New KP Fall and Winter Kettle Dyed Essentials sampler and I figure I would rather spend my money on that, if at all, because at least I know what I’m getting. I can’t really afford surprises. Especially as Karoline pointed out, you could wind up with yarn in colours like orange or mustard yellow or brown (I’ll leave the shade to your imagination) that I would probably never use for any pattern. At least I know I would use all of the ones in the sampler.

Fortunately, I can’t bring myself to spring for the sampler either. It’s expensive and the shipping would be horrendous. With my luck, they’d probably tack custom’s tax onto it as well. So, I’ll just stick to my LYS (which I adore anyway). Much better option. Yes. Definitely.

I do have one quibble with my LYS at the moment. I was there a while back and found new sock yarns which I really liked. I did get some (oh quelle surprise!) but figured to go whole hog would be silly since they tend to have these yarns for a very long time. *sigh* They were out. Completely. There weren’t even any of the other colour ways left. That was the first time I’d done that and I regret it now. OK, so it’s not like they didn’t have any other sock yarn and it’s not like I don’t already have enough, but you know how it is. It’s just that this is the first time my LYS has failed me. Bad LYS! On the plus side, they did have some of the bamboo sock yarn in single skeins this time. Last time I was there you could only get it in packs of 6 and I don’t really need 6 skeins, especially as I wanted to try it first. So, I picked up a skein of the blue (Oh I do so like to surprise you all) and will see how it goes. I also got enough 6 Fach for a pair of thick winter socks as I’m assuming we will have winter this year, unlike last year. All in all, I didn’t buy much, which again, is progress for me. I’ve even almost finished knitting up all the non-sock yarn I bought for the blanket. I didn’t even bother to stash that in Ravelry because it sort of seems pointless when it’s already gone.

The dogs forgave me their bath this weekend. First of all it poured down rain all of Sat. (yay!) which meant they got soaked, which meant they got a thorough rub down, which they always like. Then they, or rather Biscuit, got to play with a young Irish Wolfhound for an hour on Sunday which she thought was great. T, in consolation, spent an hour getting pet, which he thought was just the way things really should be all the time. All in all it was a good weekend for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. The only sock club I thought about joining was socks that rock but even then I have read some complaints that the colors were ugly that they sent. It's a bit of a gamble to join these things, but I still would like to do it at least once.

    ReplyDelete